I’ve never really made bucket lists. If I did, I’m pretty sure I’d forget about them, or procrastinate till it’s too late, or spill coffee all over the list and have to discard it. 😉
But I just realized it’s already mid-July, and we’ve hardly done anything summery. So, for the sake of childhood memories and whatnot I was thinking maybe I should make a point of doing some stuff. Nothing big or crazy, though, cause I just can’t even. But anyhoo…here’s my list:
1. Swim a lot. (We’ve been swimming some, it’s the one thing I’ve actually done, but nowhere near as much as my girls would like.) Preferably meet up with friends so it’s a 2-in-1 deal, I get adult conversation, kids get to
wear themselves out have fun! Alternatively, swim at 8 p.m. when we don’t have to worry about applying sunscreen as this somehow always seems to take 15 minutes…plus apparently being in the water at dusk with the pool lights on is magical. The June Bugs that arrive in droves and land in my hair after dark are not so magical, blech…my goal is to leave just before they get bad, but still swim long enough that the kids are happy. Wish me luck.
2. Visit Bahama Bucks. Confession: I don’t really love snow cones. But they’re a quintessential summer treat and my girls adore Bahama Bucks…I’m not sure if it’s the actual taste, or the little umbrellas and color changing spoons, but either way I should take them at least once.
3. Make homemade ice cream. We tried this last year, but I made the mistake of using those baggies that have a slider at the top to seal them, and they didn’t stay closed all the way and they leaked, so…yeah, it just didn’t work well. Oops.
5. Tie-Dye shirts. Because I keep saying we will and we never-ever have. And Artist wants to be a fashion designer so I’m sure she’d love it. This one definitely needs to take place on a weekend or evening when Misteris is home to keep Smiles out of the dye, though!
6. Make root beer floats. I have no idea why, but I don’t think I’ve ever made root beer floats for my kids! I LOVED them when I was little!
7. Make an epic indoor fort. We did this a couple times last summer, and my girls keep talking about it. One of these days I need to to pull out all our sheets and blankets and work together with them to make a splendiferous fort!
8. Make Homemade Popsicles. We have popsicle molds. I haven’t used them since last summer, and the kids never seem to like homemade popsicles much, but they might at least have fun helping make them, and I should really either try again to use the molds or get rid of them. Soo…yeah.
9. Put up a hummingbird feeder. We’ve been saying we’d do this since we moved in. We saw a hummingbird at the pool a few days ago, and it reminded me…we should really do this.
10. Drink iced coffee. Because…coffee.
And I think ten items are more than enough, so that’s my whole list! I might remember to post an update at the end of summer about whether or not we actually did any of these. 🙂